The Power Washers of North America has annual events around the
Nation to increase awareness of the industry, train contractors
on the latest standards and to network with other members across
the Country. This coming February 26 through March 4, 2007 the
PWNA will hold its Annual Meeting, a Cocktail Party, and offer
training in Las Vegas, Nevada. In conjunction with these events,
the PWNA will additionally participate in DeckExpo. See below
for more information.
2007 PWNA CONVENTION MOVED TO LAS VEGAS!!!
TO BE HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH DECKEXPO
SAVE THE DATE, BOOK NOW!
Email: [email protected] to RSVP for PWNA activities
Please visit the DeckExpo webpage to inquire
about registration, attending the exhibits and signing up for courses
PWNA CONFERENCE - FEBRUARY 26 - MARCH 4, 2007
PWNA Conference Schedule:
Feb. 26 and Feb. 27 Wood Restoration Course (Register through www.deckexpo.com)
Feb. 28 and March 1 DeckExpo Exhibits
March 2 - Golf Outing
March 2 - PWNA Cocktail party and Annual Meeting
March 3 - PWNA Board Meeting
March 3 - March 4 - PWNA courses - To be Announced (email to [email protected]
to be notified ASAP)
WHY THE CHANGE?
PWNA has been invited to participate in DeckExpo in an effort to introduce opportunities for expansion
of an often overlooked niche of the deck industry: Deck Restoration.
PWNA members will benefit from the SAME DISCOUNTS available to NADRA members (the official sponsor of DeckExpo).
WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
PWNA will be both exhibiting and attending DeckExpo this year.
PWNA will host a Cocktail Hour followed by its Annual Meeting exclusively for PWNA members.
SIX PWNA ROUNDTABLES ARE SCHEDULED FOR 2007
Check the website soon for when a Roundtable event will be coming to your area.
Roundtables will afford the following great benefits to attendees:
- Meeting the members
- Meeting the faces behind the scene (board members)
- See and hear about newest trends and opportunities
"The PWNA is making a strategic move forward by taking advantage
of this opportunity to work with another trade association. There
is knowledge and experience to be shared on both sides." Paul
Horsley, President of PWNA.
"We are very excited about the upcoming DeckExpo. There is a lot
of cross-over between the folks involved in both industries -
everything from proper choice and application of coatings to deck
safety" stated John Mortimer, President of NADRA.
Don't miss your great opportunity to connect with industry members for a couple of days
of networking, business-building, education and fun!
Connect with New Resources
The Expo floor will be filled with over 100 exhibiting companies, including a number
of pressure washing related exhibitors.
Connect for Your Business
DeckExpo offers 14 industry-leading education courses that focus on business, marketing,
sales and production techniques that will streamline your business and add
dollars to your wallet. TAKE A LOOK AT JUST A FEW:
GROWING YOUR BUSINESS
* Understand the fundamentals of job costing including mark-up and margin.
* Determine the customer's needs.
* Hire, train and fire staff - all at the right times.
GETTING THE BEST USE OF YOUR MARKETING DOLLARS
* Identify the best marketing methods for your marketing goals.
* Spend less and achieve greater results.
* Evaluate the impact of your marketing and return on investment.
* Give more competitive bids and earn more profit.
* Establish how to charge for what customers value.
* Understand the difference between fixed and variable costs and why you want to increase variable costs.
ON GENERATING REFERRALS
* Turn your current clients and allies into your outside sales force.
* Understand the power of referrals, compared to cold calls, cold mailings and media advertising.
* Sell more in less time.
MARGINS & MARK-UPS: IS THERE A DIFFERENCE?
* Determine the mark-up your business needs to ensure your ability to cover expenses and maintain planned net profit.
* Understand how to determine your company's gross profit margin requirement and break even point.
* Understand how sales volume and gross profit margins are interdependent.
JOBSITE SAFETY FROM A FUNNY & SCARY POINT-OF-VIEW
* Learn what OSHA is looking for from employers.
* Understand what employers need to know about employee training.
* Witness electrical accidents and a live electrical demonstration with a power tool in a cooler of water!
SALESMANSHIP FOR THE WAY-TOO-BUSY ENTREPRENEUR
* Apply more order and organization to your work day.
* Gain confidence as a salesperson.
* Learn a step by step scientific approach to sales to close more sales than you even did before.
HIRING AND MAINTAINING ALL LEVELS OF STAFF
* Evaluate when it is time to hire an employee into your company.
* Create pay scales and reward systems to boost performance and productivity.
* Implement effective tools to hire and keep your super-star employees.
NEGOTIATING YOUR PIECE OF THE PIE
* Learn powerful, proven, and effective approaches to negotiation.
* Ensure that your deals are a win-win for both parties.
* Convert stressful situations to enjoyable, successful relationships.
SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE SO THEY CAN'T SAY "NO!"
* Speak the language of your customer to foster trust and goodwill.
* Avoid the danger words which negatively impact your sales presentation.
* Walk out of the sale with every contract you want to win!
Connect with Your Peers
Learn, build and grow by connecting with your peers at one of many DeckExpo
events including our Ice Breaker Reception, Industry
Roundtable Wrap and NADRA Golf Event.
PWNA MEMBERS - RSVP TO: [email protected]
to let us know you are coming!!!